"You can't use up creativity, the more you use, the more you have"
Art Journaling and Mixed Media Workshop
January 20th, 2018
9:00 - 5:00
This one day, live workshop will take place in Historic Downtown Ann Arbor, Mi.
Art Materials are included along with coffee, tea, a light lunch and a few sweet treats.
View Beautiful Paper video trailer below.
In this nurturing art class, we begin by experimenting with art supplies, color and collage. Explore gorgeous art materials like, acrylic paints, soft pastels, charcoal, inks water color pencils and more. Create beautiful collage papers out of new and vintage papers, build layers of color and create rich textures on the pages of your journal. Inspiring exercises that will help you move past resistance and the dreaded blank page. Finally, create a series of small abstract collage pieces inspired by the pages of your art journal.
Gain confidence in your creativity through art journaling and begin to cultivate your own creative practice.
No experience is necessary and all levels are welcome.
Materials that we will explore:
- Gesso - Clear, White & Black
- Matte Medium
- Charcoal - in a variety of forms
- Graphite & Water Soluble Graphite
- Permanent Ink
- Watercolor Pencils
- Water Soluble Crayons
- Preparing Vintage Papers
- Mixed Media Tips and Techniques
What is included:
- All Art Supplies
- An Artist Gift
- Coffee, Tea and Sparkling Water
- Pumpkin Bread and Almond Bread from The Produce Station
- Light Lunch - Soup and Salad
- Sweet Treats
- Create in a beautiful light filled loft on Main Street in Downtown Ann Arbor